Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ambi "Even and Clear" skin care steps


I suffer from the occasional breakout on my cheeks and now my chin as well. After the acne clears...I am left with these ugly dark marks where the bumps were (partially my fault, I pick at bumps). I have tried just about every product out there. Proactiv was to drying, Clearasil did nothing, and Neutrogena's new line (the one that Gabrielle Union is endorsing is a night mare on sensitive skin like mine).Now,I have been an avid fan of the Ambi line since I first started seeing scarring after a breakout. Back then, the line only consisted of the Complexion and Cocoa Butter bar soaps and the Fade Cream. I used it on and off because the fade cream not only reduced the look of my dark marks...IT BLEACHED MY WHOLE FACE! This is of course before I new that you were only suppose to "spot treat" with it. Silly me! Well now, Ambi has reformulated expanded their line of skin care to include a line called "Even and Clear". This product line consist of formulas designed to do just that even out the appearance of your skin and clear those nasty breakouts. Ethnic skin types are so unique and Ambi has recognized that. Those other cleansers I mentioned before contain Benzoyl Peroxide (a very harsh cleansing agent). Ambi uses Salicylic Acid along with Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)and Vitamin E proven to be better for ethnic skin care. This is my skin care regimen that I follow everyday to prevent breakouts and to help fade my dark spots. I have seen some of the most amazing results in such a short period of time and I hope you do the same.

Before we begin...make sure you have a clean, dry towel and the following Ambi products: (theses can be found at your local Wal-Mart, Walgreens or CVS)

"Even & Clear" Exfoliating Wash
"Even & Clear" Foaming Cleanser
"Even & Clear" Targeted mark Minimizer
"Even & Clear" Fade Cream (oily or normal depending on your skin type...mine is oily)
"Even & Clear" Moisturizer with SPF 30

For the A.M.

1. Begin with the Foaming Cleanser.
~It has a handy pump on it, so pump it twice into the palm of your hand
~With your free hand, wet fingertips and moisten your face
~Lather the foam between your hands and begin to work in a circular motion on your face
(use your fingertips and circle outwards on the face)
~Once it dries, re moisten fingertips and continue to massage your skin (this promotes blood circulation and speeds cell turnover)
~I usually do this for about 2 minutes then I rinse clean with warm water (warm water helps to open the pores)
~Pat face dry with the clean towel (rubbing can cause irritation)

2. Now the Moisturizer.
~It is very important to moisturize daily and to use a sunscreen
~Wait until skin is dry and apply moisturizer all over face (I do this at least 20 minutes before I walk out the door. This allows my skin to absorb the lotion.)
~Apply make-up or just head out to start your day!


For the Evening (after work, workout, etc...)

1. If you have oily skin (like myself), it is important to wash the face 2-3 times a day. This will result in the control of the shine!
~I usually repeat my morning routine to remove make up and other impurities

2. Now the Fade Cream. (If I do not plan on leaving the house)
~Apply the fade cream on all the dark marks you have that are noticeable (make sure to "spot treat" only to avoid bleaching areas you don't want to). The fade cream contains Hydroquinone, a skin bleaching agent effective in reducing dark marks but it can be harmful over long periods of time. I usually only use this product on new scars!

For before Bed (Before and After Shower)

1. Begin with the Exfoliating Wash.
~You will basically follow the steps you used to apply the foaming cleanser
~After working into a mask, leave on face and jump in the shower. (if you don't shower at night then you will leave on for as long as you desire and rinse clean with warm water)
~The steam from the shower will open up those pores and allow any impurities to come thru.
~At the end of shower, rinse face clean.
~Pat face dry with towel and allow excess moisture to air dry (you will notice a tingling feeling and a coolness)

2. Next, the Targeted Mark Minimizer. (helps fade old spots)
~Like the fade cream, it is meant to fade the dark marks left behind by acne breakouts, but unlike the fade cream, it doesn't contain a harsh bleaching agent. I contains all natural skin lightening ingredients such as cocoa butter and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C).
~Apply the cream to the your face whole face and/or spots only (do not rub in when doing spot treatment, dab on and leave visible). Use as much as needed...this cream also makes a great moisturizer!
~While you sleep, the cream will work to fade those dark marks. This is the time when your skin repairs itself by turning over damaged skin cells, and replacing them with new ones! So, our skin automatically repairs itself, but some times it needs a little push to speed things along.
~In the morning, start the day with the a.m routine!

Follow my regimen and you will be on your way to flawless, even toned, clear skin in as little as 2 weeks. (individual results may vary depending on the severity of your scars. Deeper, older, larger scars will take longer to fade than those that are newer and superficial or not as deep)

2 comments:

  1. for exfoliating was do you want us to keep on while in shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening
    I'm trying to order some skin care products for myself

    ReplyDelete